Serving Families in South Central and Southwest Wisconsin
* We will sharpen our focus, intent, resources and message.
* As the need grows, we will grow substantially. First in Dane County, but we must build our voice, network and systems throughout the surrounding counties within our service area.
* We must always say, “While we don’t do that, we know just the right person or place for you.” There are terrifically capable partners that we work with to accomplish an improvement in a family’s situation now.
* We should have an outstanding reputation as a dependable, effective and professional organization that will help individuals for as long as they need us.
* We judge success is by hearing story after story of safe and steady progress for families with autism.
For 52 years, the Autism Society affiliate in South Central Wisconsin has worked to address areas of need, while providing and expanding support for the autism community in ten Southern Wisconsin counties.
We are one of 107 national affiliates and our local organization has a goal to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by autism spectrum disorders. Every dollar we raise stays in the Southern Wisconsin region to directly help those who live and work in our surrounding communities.
We are a largely volunteer run organization that focuses on educational outreach, public policy advocacy, support groups for all family members and building awareness through numerous marketing and social events. We recognize that each person has special attributes with ways to contribute, and that’s why we are committed to societal inclusion in hope of earning respect and tolerance for all individuals on the spectrum from diagnosis through the life span.
Please contact us to become a member, to volunteer some time or to donate, and please explore this web site thoroughly to see how the Autism Society of South Central Wisconsin can help you.
Be grateful for the accomplishments of today, keep hope for better tomorrows and cherish the memorable moments that those on the spectrum can bring to our lives…..
David George, President and Susannah Peterson, Executive Director
President: David George firstname.lastname@example.org
President-Elect: Julie Sheldon
Vice President: Susan Henwood Hamilton
Treasurer: Nancy Griego
Secretary: Char Brandl
Susannah Peterson email@example.com
Membership is crucial for us to know who we serve and to gauge how well we represent various areas. Your money also stays in our local area for us to provide education, advocacy, marketing and support services.
Please download and print by clicking on the form link below, then mail to the address listed just under our logo at the top of the page.
We welcome your questions, comments and ideas. Please feel welcome to contact us by:
2935 S. Fish Hatchery Road, #101
Madison, WI 53711
For questions about our AUSome Social Group, please contact coordinator Nancy Alar at AUsomeSocialGroupMadison@gmail.com
For questions about our AUSome Adult Groups, please contact coordinator Becky at Google Group email ; firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on Google Groups at http://groups.google.com/group/ausome-adults
To learn more about other Autism Society affiliates in our state, visit the Autism Society of Wisconsin at asw4autism.org
To get more information about the National Office, please contact the following:
Autism Society of America, 4340 E. West Highway, Suite 350, Bethesda, MD 20814 Call 800.328.8476 or click autism-society.org